03 May 2010
Game two tonight at the United Center. Even though we won on Saturday night, forget everything you saw from Saturday night. Why? Because after being embarrassed from a 5-1 loss, the Blackhawks will be looking to come out strong tonight. Tonight's game will be a better indicator of what the rest of the series will look like.
Last game the Hawks looked like they struggled with Vancouver's speedy lines and tonight the Canucks will try to continue to build on that. Luongo looked good in game 1 and when asked if last years playoff exit still haunted him he told media "not any more".
So we've done the statement game and good that we made it in the first game on the road, but playoff series' are not won on one game alone. There are still 3 more wins to be won before we are done with the Hawks. Let's not say Antti Niemi is awful just yet, because he had two shutouts in round one after losses. He's also let in a ton of goals in the games against the Predators when he wasn't posting shutouts but since Huet hasn't started a game since a loss to the Columbus Blue Jackets on March 25th, don't expect there to be a goaltending change just yet.
No lineup changes for the Canucks, but Grabner is expected to be moved up to the 3rd line, while Demitra is dropped to the 4th line. For the Hawks, Adam Burish is expected to draw into the lineup
Game time is at 6pm and if you are in Chicago tonight, take a cue from the boys and hit up Giordano's for some of the best deep dish pizza in the city. If I may suggest, get the special or the spinach one.....now excuse your writer as she heads off to find something to eat, your links are after the photo.
Your pre-game reading links:
- The Vancouver Sun says the Hawks are ready to rumble
- The Chicago Sun Times says that no one is worried about Niemi
- The Chicago mayor, Richard M Daley, will have to send send Vancouver mayor Gregor Robertson Pizza, Vienna Beef hot dogs, fortune cookies, beer and cheesecake if the Canucks win the series
- Province writer Gordon McIntyre waited 55 minutes for a cab outside of the United Center and in his boredom wrote about the types of cars that the Blackhawks players drive
- A Vancouver hockey fan was arrested in Chicago after Saturday night's game
- The Province's game preview
- Nucks Misconduct's game preview
- And Puck Daddy asks, what if Niemi doesn't rebound for the Blackhawks?
- And finally a piece about the opera singer turned anthem singer from Saturday night Jim Cornelison
|< Prev||Next >|