As you may have noticed that the posting this week has been a little slow. Apologies dear readers (hi mom!), but it has been a combination of real life and other stuff that I have been working on that has caused the lull. But I have been writing, just not on here, but here are some links to the stuff I have been up to and some thoughts on the week (so far)
Stuff I've been up to:
- I have been working on the Olympic Hockey Blog, which you can find on the right hand side of the page. If you missed them, there were player profiles on the majority of Canucks participating, Lightning players and Shea Weber (he's in a category of his very own)
- I've also begun writing a series of stuff about the Olympics, first off was a look at the two rinks that the hockey games will be played at called Vancouver 2010: The Venues
- After a three week hiatus, I wrote my NW (and some Pacific) Division links over at Cycle Like the Sedins
- Bernier is trash
- So is our 3rd line
- I miss Willie Mitchell
- Ottawa has won 11 straight games
- Washington has a win streak of 12 games
- Kovalchuk turned down a contract offer of $101 million dollars. Un-freakinreal. Wow. Why? He thought the club was shaky, so why not just go the NMC route?
- In the 40 minutes away from my computer today, Kovy was traded, to the Devils. Whatevs. I won't stop believing that they play boring hockey until I see it, and since I don't watch their games, I guess I won't
- If having an Olympic break means that we have a trade deadline week following by another trade deadline day after the Olympics, can we have the Olympics every year? Screw the All-Star break, these past few days have been unreal. Remember last year the biggest trade was Jokinen to the Flames?
- Hitchcock has finally been fired. I personally thought it would have been after the loss to the Canucks at the beginning of January. Actually, it probably should have been right after the loss to the Canucks at the beginning of January
- Some sports analysts do a fantastic job on twitter
- Cody Hodgson played tonight for the first time with the Brampton Battalion. He had two assists, that sigh of relief is the realization there might be a light at the end of the 3rd line catastrophe tunnel
And Ovechkin scored his 500th goal with only one hand:no comments
Two losses, we are not in a slump. Get a freakin grip Vancouver.
Fact: Our road team sucks. This we need to fix in a hurry since we are only 3 games into a 14 game road trip. After Luongo acted like a prima donna calling out his teammates after the game against Montreal, Raycroft started tonight. The team did nothing to help Raycroft in winning tonight's game against Ottawa. The team was slow, took dumb penalties and didn't bring the offense to Elliott. And when Bernier had a breakaway? Nobody expected him to score. Bernier has been trash. Coach V needs to bench him, like now. O'Brien tried to stop a 3-1 by sprawling on the ice right into his goaltender, well at least he tried.
Don't worry Luongo isn't injured, Gillis said that it was decided on Wednesday that Raycroft would start tonight:
"Roberto is fine in the sense that he's healthy," Gillis said. "We were looking for an opportunity to get Andrew into a game and we thought this would be a good chance because (Ottawa) is playing back to back."
The Canucks flew out to Boston tonight after the game and will play the Bruins at 10:00am on Saturday (on Sportsnet)
Last night Canucks game had a little bit of everything: Shorthanded goals, Toskala losing, a comeback win, Luongo getting pulled and Raycroft doing a decent enough job to replace Lu. And the CBC going on and on and on about how good the Sedins are. The only thing that was missing was maybe a goal from O'Brien, but that would cause the HNIC people to just jizz in their pants, so I'll settle for the comeback win over the Leafs.
More after the jump...no comments
Apart from the stereotyping, this video gives me chills...
The song is from Michael Buble called 'Cry Me A River', just in case you are wondering...no comments
Even though the Canucks have a 5 game win streak going on, they just can't seem to catch the Avalanche, why? The Avalanche have a 6 game win streak....guh....
But here's something to cheer you up: The Flames have lost the last six! Woo!
Tomorrow night is our last game in what will seem like the next 20 years...enjoy it while you can
- Salo is close to his return to the Canucks and it's expected that he will play in the game on Saturday against the Leafs
- Mitchell is not close to his return and will not travel with the team on Thursday to the East. In addition to a concussion (now confirmed) he has significant back and neck injuries
- Ryan Johnson wrote a column about his Dad when he was the guest editor at The Province, that really, you should just read. It is really worth the 5 minutes that it will take you to get through it
- The Kurtenblog posts some pictures about the Chicago Blackhawks, it's cause quite...well it's causing a big fuss. I think it's awesome. Take some time to read the comments as they, and Versteeg's face may be the best part of the post. And yes, the Kane one looks photoshopped, but the others? Feel free to discuss...