The Canucks lost to the Phoenix Coyotes 3-2 tonight in a shootout, can't say it was the most thrilling game ever and I was reminded by how boring the 1st and 2nd was by Larscheid over and over and over again....guh, Larscheid....
- Schneider has been put on waivers in hopes that a team will pick him and his paycheck up. He was unhappy with the amount of ice time he was getting in Vancouver. His contract is for $1.5 million base pay plus $1.2 million in potential bonuses, if he clears waivers he will be assigned to the Moose.
- Dan Murphy's twitter said that Bieksa's injury was a laceration by a skate to the leg, no info on the severity of it yet
- Not to get ahead of anything here, this is just a personal thought: if Bieksa is injured for any length of time, maybe they would want to play Schneider now? I wonder how that conversation would go with him...
- Pavol Demitra has been named to the Slovakian Olympic Team
- Nice article on Pyatt in Phoenix. He had 5 goals in the last 12 games heading into tonight's game and his plus-minus stas was a plus 12
- Tonight's win for the Coyotes was a franchise record for 10 wins on home ice
- Ryan Johnson has a crack in the bone of his foot according to the Team 1040
- Did was all just hold our breath when Luongo was caught out of his net? Did we all yell at our TV's and tell him never to leave his crease again?
- Phoenix has a lot of good looking players. Pyatt, Upshall, Prucha, Lombardi....just sayin'
- Jovo has a little bit of a meltdown in the box, non?
- What was Shane O'Brien doing trying to pick a fight with Aucoin at the end of the game? WHAT?
- Ryan Kesler broke his stick as he went through the tunnel at the end of the game
This video is just worth watching just for the look on Sutter's face....no comments
The Canucks won last night, leapfrogged over the Flames to 7th in the West and Mason Raymond had a natural hat trick.... thoughts will come on that later today, but big quote from Samuelsson last night:
When asked about how he felt about being left off of Team Sweden last night after the game Samuelsson responded:
"Probably going to get in trouble for this, but they can go F-ck themselves,"
Well you can't fault him for not saying how he feels about not being selected...no comments
The Canucks left last night to Calgary after beating the Oilers 4-1 for Calgary for their 5pm PPV game tonight. Ryan Johnson did not leave with the Canucks, so he will not be playing tonight. The lineup should be the same as last night with Luongo back in goal.
- Sweden has released its provisional Olympic roster for Team Sweden and as expected Henrik and Daniel Sedin were named to the roster
- Alex Edler, Mikael Samuelsson was not named to the roster. Alex Edler is not surprising, since he has not played a good season, and with the injuries to the blue line, Sweden may still include him as a late addition. Samuelsson on the other hand was a bit of a surprise as being left out, as he was on the 2006 squad, but then again though he has had a good October has had a lackluster November and December.
- For the first time in what seems like forever, the Canucks have finally won over a team that they should have beat, a 15th place team in the West
- Last night on CBC they were saying that Schneider hasn't been playing because he doesn't feel that he has gotten enough ice time. Seriously? What did he expect? He's old and a little slow. I feel he should have been getting less time than he has received, and that he should only be playing on the powerplay. We'll have to see how this plays out, but now that we have a healthy blue line, perhaps an early retirement?
- And if you have wondered where the green men game from, check out ESPN for the story
Add this to my list of why hockey players are awesome:
Shane O'Brien gets three days off (actually only 2 because he has to fly by on Christmas day back to Van) to celebrate Christmas with his family in Port Hope, ON. So he flies out to Toronto after the Nashville game on a red-eye flight arriving at 7am and he comes bearing a gift: a team signed Canucks jersey. So with his family, he heads to the Hamilton Twp. municipal offices where he donates the jersey for a fundraising raffle that will benefit the Vincent Massey Memorial Arena and Hall renovation and addition.
Stories like this where a player takes time out of short time off with his family to do something for the community he grew up in, makes me think hockey players are awesome.
Full story here.
You gotta be pretty confident with your body type before you don a suit of spandex such as a the ones these guys did, but the best part about the Kesler v. Weber fight had to be the green men beside the penalty box.no comments
Shane O'Brien had his 1st regular season goal last night against the St. Louis Blues. He looked like the best defensemen on the Canucks team. He hasn't had a single minor penalty in 10 games. Just sayin'.
Now that you're getting good, and Bieksa has taken your spot in the doghouse, MG will probably trade you, but let's give you some love while you're still here.
Woo! YOU SCORED YOUR FIRST REGULAR SEASON GOAL AS A CANUCK!!! Woo!